As part of its "Getting Started" series, ASIL's New Professionals Interest Group is pleased to host a special event on how to pursue an international law career in the areas of customs, domestic trade remedies, and international trade more broadly. These fields continue to grow both in the public and private sectors. Finding the appropriate avenue to enter this field of practice, however, can be difficult. Panelists at this event will share their perspectives as experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds. The moderator will pose questions to highlight professional development advice.
An informal reception will follow the panel discussion.
- Emily Fuller, associate, international trade practice, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Scott McBride, senior attorney, Office of the Chief Counsel for Trade Enforcement and Compliance
- Justin Miller, senior trial counsel, international trade field office, Commercial Litigation Branch, Department of Justice
- Robert Shervette, attorney-advisor, customs and border protection, Department of Homeland Security
- Kathleen Claussen, co-chair, New Professionals Interest Group
This event is available online here.
Date and Location
American Society of International Law
ASIL members: free
Non-ASIL members: $15
Students at ASIL Academic Partner schools can join ASIL for 50 percent off the regular student membership price ($25) and attend this event for free.
Contact the ASIL Services department at 202-939-6001.